Monday, March 9, 2009

Ivan's Birthday Weekend


(This was taken a couple of weeks ago but I thought you might want to see how handsome he is. We are going to have a beautiful baby!)


What a weekend! Sunday was Ivan's birthday. He is now 27! Wow does he make me feel old. Saturday we went to dinner. It wasn't really anything too special. We ate at Superior Grill. Of course, Luis (or Luisa as I call him) was with us. I tease them about being married to each other. I really have to find him a girlfriend so he can go on his own dates. Then it was off to the Blue Monkey. I really like that place. Then off to Pablo's to dance the night away except no dancing for me. I had to have my dates take me home because I got sick. Imagine that....me sick! That is one of the worst parts of being pregnant. Anyway, I went home and went to bed. Ivan came home sometime that evening but I have no idea what time cause I was long gone by the time he got there. I hope he had fun and I am sure he did since he had his wife by his side all night. I hate that I had to miss all the fun but at least I got to spend some time with him. I bought him 3 shirts. One was purple and it was my favorite.



So Sunday we went to Poncho and Leticia's for the "family" party. He wore my pretty purple shirt that I got for him and it looked very nice on him. I will post another picture of him wearing the shirt when I get them from him. We had carne asada (yummy). Poncho's mom also made guacamole and it was delicious a little too spicy but very good. I really enjoyed the entire evening and it seemed like he did too!

So I guess you are wondering what all this birthday stuff has to do with the baby! Well directly it doesn't have anything to do with the baby. Indirectly, it has everything to do with the baby! If you didn't know Ivan is her/her father. (Ok so I was just rereading this post and noticed that I wrote her/her. Is this considered a Freudian slip or wishful thinking...lol.) This should say his/her. I felt it was important to include him and the important milestones in ALL our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I didn't know you had a blog. It's really cute! I hope you guys are well.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete